Sunday, May 17, 2009

Refuse Refuse Refuse

The first thing at all times before even considering the typical 3Rs is "REFUSE". I think far too many people don't realize that. Especially when it's not your doing. 

I've been rejecting napkins at restaurants rather consistently these days now. And this evening, Hubbie brought me to a nice place. A few years before, I would've been a whole lot shier and less likely to assert myself. But me happy. This evening I told them to take the specially printed place mats and the napkins away. The waiter was taken back a little. For the napkin, he thought I just wanted another one. I had to explain to him, no, I don't want the napkin. Period. 

:)

My pasta came wrapped in baking paper.  :(

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Cind! I too don't see the reason for disposable placemats and fancy serviettes, and yes, the waiters and other customers are often very taken aback when I stack everything neatly on one side, smile at the waiter and say: "Tolong ambil ini? Jangan bazir". At least cloth shopping bags and reusable food takeaway containers have seen greater acceptance now.

    Ee Lynn.

    ReplyDelete