Sunday, June 14, 2009

Upmarket shopping...

Just something I noticed.

We went to KLCC today. With all the talk about reusing bags etc within the so called slightly more 'informed' society, all I saw today were bags and bags of Vincci, Isetan, G2000, and whatever you find there. I didn't actually notice many if ANYONE carrying their own reusable bag that seems remotely likely holding new shopping. I saw tons and tons of plastic and 'paper' bags.

Seems to me either, they are NOT buying anything (which is good), or they had loads of bags with names on them. Which is likely the latter since most WERE carrying store bags. So if go upmarket places must have fancy named bags is it?

4 comments:

  1. I carried my greenbag and had lunch in Starhill. My gosh, the service sucks. Guess I did not meet thier standards with such designer bags. Funnily, how Tesco advocates greenbag but when I was shopping there last week, mum & I were the only ones with our own bags. Guess we were hard up for the green bag points

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) Cute! You have to admit, Cold Storage and Isetan Supermarket both have a good range of eco-friendly products, though. Biohome Dishwashing Liquid, Lemongrass and Tea Tree Scented, 500ml: Cold Storage sells it for RM6.40, Isetan Supermarket sells it for RM5.50. It's one of the best eco friendly dishwashing liquids I've ever used. Plus, it's locally produced, by Lam Soon, so we aren't paying for the fuel miles our products had to travel. I must do a product review of it soon. I haven't been able to find it anywhere apart from KLCC, though. Let's start a counter movement by appearing at upmarket places with reusable cloth bags and non-branded/handmade clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These upmarket service people are behind times... hai.... Don't they realize that it's fashionable to be Green now? Although I do not think fashionability should be in the equation much, but heck, it really is 'IN' now.

    Yah, I notice that at TESCO too... I think they should charge for plastic bags. Then more people will be inclined to brings bags in places like TESCO. 'Green point' incentives are just not working at the moment.

    Oooh, I like the idea that the cleaning liquid's locally produced. Support local whenever possible! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penang is banning plastic bags. KL should do the same.

    ReplyDelete