Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old cotton nappies... what to do?

Now that my little girl's potty trained, and no one seems to want her old nappies yet, and starring at them everyday from my bed everyday's not helping, I am wondering, what to do with them ar?

I had some ideas... 

1) Donate them to some poorer families? Not sure they will appreciate it... If anyone knows anyone who might appreciate them, please let me know!
2) Make napkins?
3) Make little bags that I can use while shopping (for smaller items like chillies, etc) - the napkins are CLEAN. That's what detergents and washing machines are for. 

More ideas anyone?

3 comments:

  1. 1. Small towels that dry easily. Perfect for camping or swimming sessions. I used my old terrycloth diapers as towels until I was 12 or so. That's how long they last!

    2. Pet towels -- to be donated to anyone with pets or to the SPCA.

    3. To line the inside of cardboard boxes with when you store things like socks and undies in them. If not lined, the cardboard makes a horrible noise when your fingernails come in contact with it.

    4. Cut them into quarters and sew the edges (most sewing shops and habberdasheries will do this for you for 20 sen per piece) and reuse them as wipecloths and dishrags.

    5. Fold them over and sew the edges and diagonally across to make durable, machine-washable bathmats/door mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count of good ol' Ee Lynn for more ideas :D Love em'! I'll use up some of them, and I think I'll take your advise and donate the rest to SPCA if they'll want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have some of mine and I am a 70s child, way older than Ee Lyn. They make great towels for travelling, light and fast drying. Once not suitable for towel, it goes into the kitchen dish cloth mode. Absorb well and easy to wash.

    ReplyDelete