Sunday, June 7, 2009

A colony of fruit flies and lots of headache...

No, the headache's not from the fruit flies. I've been very ill since last Tuesday. And so was my daughter. So please do forgive me for not updating my blog. I'll keep it coming when I get better. Oh one more thing, Covert Operations `78 (Ee Lynn) is a dear friend of mine also from MNS. She's an equally if not more amazing greenie. She's very kindly offered to contribute to my blog. I'm so pleased. And if anyone would like to contribute too about how it's like being green here, please do. :)

Well, I noticed the most that came out of not stirring it for 2-3 days (my compost) was that I bred a large colony of fruit flies. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad. But so far, I don't see anything particularly bad. Good thing I don't have a rabbit anymore though. Coz I did read that fruit flies can cause plenty of harm to rabbits. 

The new batch of compost seems to be holding up well. No flies, fairly dry. Nice. :) Not smelly either. That or my nose is just plainly blocked.

1 comment:

  1. Please get well soon, Cin. I saw Cerys this morning (with a new monkey sippy bottle! Wow!) and she was quite sniffy. Glad to know your compost problem seems to have resolved itself. I placed an old mosquito screen over the compost pit in my parents' house to keep out flies and disease vectors.

    ReplyDelete