Saturday, April 24, 2010

In-Process-Compost grown vege

I'm quite proud. My little fairy honeydew melon's the size of a tennis ball and looking a lot more like a honey dew melon now! Today, I took off it's sexy panty hose and checked it. And here's how it looked like.

And here's how it looks like getting all shy hiding behind the leaves with it's nylon stockings.

Also in my tiny pots, I've managed to grow and eaten lots of spring onions and mint. I've recently poked into the soil some neapolitan basil and rosemary. The Neapolitan basil which I got from Jusco were in packets. I had wanted to buy those in pots but they didn't have them. Hmph. But hey, these turned out ok and cheaper and I ate the rest of the packet! :D And they seem to be taking off.

The Rosemary, also from Jusco. They're taking their time. But at the same time looking like they might just take root. We'll see.



Ah, my pot of healthy mint. Isn't it gorgeous?!

And finally, ji-tin-jiu (chilies pointing to sky) that my parents gave me as seedlings. These have gone through horrible times. The last time I chopped the whole thing back to just a stalk. It seems to be liking where it's at and sitting in at the moment. The chillies are BACK! :D

4 comments:

  1. wow am so proud of you! wish me luck, when i attempt something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Well done, dear Cin! LOL @ the shy honeydew melon missing her nylon stockings! I tried growing loofah but it didn't work. I only have musk lime now. Although I could try to make a salad out of the Asplenidum nidus... hmmm.... in my future home, I hope to grow Saponin indica and loofah/petola... so I have both natural soap and natural scrubbers! But the Saponin aaah, very the susah.... 10 years to reach maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh if you grow the saponin, plant now! :D i wan i wan! my little melon's growth has reduced dramatically. i should've kept my fingers to myself. anyhow, we'll see it's development. since i took the photos, my basil has grown from strength to strength and so has my mint. the mint is now a full fledged bush and the basil is looking very muscular indeedy! :D still waiting for the rosemary. *fingers-crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good :) Now I know why the mama-cin blog has been stagnant for a while... Facebook and Terra Cin ;) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete