Thursday, November 5, 2009

Receipts receipts receipts...


It's been a long hiatus.

But I'll try and restart. :) Slowly.

Just earlier when I was supposed to be hard at work, I had to clear some space on my desk. And this included a stash of paper I had just today cleared from my wallet. This stash of paper is actually accumulated receipts over a month or so. And I got quite surprised. Scary at the same time since I actually horde it in my wallet too! Anyway, my point is, we have so much paper from just transactions?



How ar? Each time I pay, I get a piece. Then if I pay by credit card, which is supposed to be 'environmentally friendly' for the future to do away with 'paper' cash, I get another piece, not even counting the two other 'merchant' copies.

Do we REALLY need all these pieces of paper? Is there any way around it? Wonder if anyone's thought about this.

4 comments:

  1. Unless the cashier system can opt not to print the receipt AND the vendor/cashier is honest to acknowledge you have paid. Just Life in Ikano has this option. So do some small-scaled pharmacies. If you can't reduce the need of it, reuse it, as note papers. Then you can shred it and make your own paper (recycled) pulp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I think these days, we are all seen as potential thieves. If you have no receipts, you're likely going to end up being frowned at, detained, questioned, roughed up and thrown in jail!!!!!! Maybe not. But it certainly won't be pretty. Feelings are hurt, sides get embarrassed, the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I bought a bag of cat food and opened it to find it full of flour weevils. I certainly was glad I had kept the receipt then!

    I fold and store all my receipts in a cuboid pen holder, and reuse them as memo pads. If you get a memo from me, it will probably say "cat food... organic lettuce... cherry tomatoes... Bio dishes liquid... etc" on the reverse side. When I am done with all these memos, I bring a whole bagful to work (incl thermal paper) and use the office crosscut shredder to shred all these scraps of paper that would not normally be accepted for recycling. Then I use them as a biodegradable and absorbent kitty litter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, my receipts are still in the drawer sitting as they were when I took this photo... Shredder please! Anyone wants kitty litter?!

    ReplyDelete