Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cold showers will keep it down to 3. :)

I recently came across a photo of an environmentalist friend with sandwich card that says '4 minute shower, not a quarter hour'.

The shower, not the sandwich.

This is something I've been doing for quite a number of years now. And quite a few people seem to think it's a boo boo. I'm not going to name names here but even the Malay language has a relatively degrading term for this - Mandi Kerbau - which means that a bath/shower that's very cin cai (not going to do another explanation in one explanation). No soap, get wet run out. Nolah...

I don't know. Meaning I don't know how others do it. But hey, I've got great exfoliating shower gloves I use that I believe makes me clean (and I do believe it gets me cleaner than most others too!).

But you know, one thing that I know can get people to do the same? Switch off the power. :) Get rid of hot water. Then I guarantee you, they finish in under 3 mins - this usually applies to people who work 9-5. One shower in the morning and sometimes one shower in the evening. Nice and cool. :}

This is a haphazard post. I know. I'm sitting in relative cold after a cold morning shower.

2 comments:

  1. Also, if we use natural soaps instead of SLS-rich shower gels and foams, we need less water for rinsing, hence a quicker shower! Love my coconut oil soaps! And bali spice soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. I love my castille. I'll go on coconut next. Already full of coconut. I just got a 10kg tong of coconut oil recently. And I salivate at the sight of my supply of coconut milk sitting in the larder (failed at extracting fresh... sigh...)

    ReplyDelete